Well, as of the phone call yesterday afternoon, my blood test came back as a Big Fat Negative (BFN).
So we’re taking (at least) a month off to regroup. Maybe start IVF #2 at the end of the month, or in the new year.
We have a WTF appointment with our doctor on 12/18. And we decided to get a second opinion with the fertility clinic across town, too. I expect we’ll want to stay with our current RE, as we love her, but it doesn’t hurt to get a second opinion. That’s on 12/10. I really have the suspicion that he’s going to tell us “donor eggs or bust.” But it’s worth at least investigating.
We’re also going to start looking into adoption. We’re willing and interested in both, and adoption can be a long, stressful process. So the sooner the better, I think. And if both plans come to fruition at the same time? Then we’ll just be doubly lucky. Absolutely insane and sleep deprived? Sure. But we’re really ok with that, and ready for that. (Well, as ready as anyone who’s never done it before really ever is)