I am 6 weeks along today. And we saw a teeny tiny little heartbeat. It was the most wonderful thing I’ve ever seen.
Until my first ultrasound. I don’t think I’m going to sleep tonight. I just want everything to be perfect at that appointment tomorrow. Ok, I want a perfect heartbeat, and a healthy baby in November. That’s all I want.
I have high blood pressure, and worrying about it is only going to make it worse. I’ve been on meds for a little over a week now, though, so hopefully they’re helping.
Other than that, I got nothing. Hopeful, anxious, excited, nervous. Yup. That’s about it.
10:30 tomorrow morning, hopefully I’ll finally get some good news, and be able to breathe a little easier.
So I went to my PCP for my cold/throat thing, and got antibiotics, which are already helping me feel better.
Unfortunately, I apparently also have high blood pressure. It’s been a little high the past few times I had it taken, but never this high. Apparently both my brothers have high BP too, and it tends to be genetic. Suck.
So now I go on blood pressure meds, and try the advice every TTC hates: relax.
I make no promises, but I might. For a few reasons, 1. in the interest of not spending $4/day (or every other day, as I’ve been slightly more restrained) on pee tests, and 2. it’s telling me what I already knew, I’m pregnant, and getting pregnant-er.
I’m still nervous, but peeing on more sticks isn’t going to change anything.
So this morning I had some cramping and pain on my right side. Which my paranoid PgAL (pregnant after a loss) brain immediately thinks: Oh god, it’s ectopic!
So I called Dr. Lady’s office, and they don’t seem too terribly concerned. Especially since that’s the side I had my cyst on–the cyst that cancelled our IUI this cycle. And after talking to some E-friends, who had successful pregnancies, a few of them report having cramping and pain on the side they Oed, from the corpus luteum.
So I feel a little bit better. But still worried.
The doctor’s office said I could either come in for a cyst-check now (it’s too early for an u/s to show anything yet), move our u/s up from Thursday next week to Monday, or do nothing and continue as scheduled. After talking it over with Andrew, we think the cyst check would be useless. Either “yup, there’s a cyst there!” or “no cyst, but we’re still not worried.” And assuming nothing drastic happens between now and then, moving the u/s up would only have it three days earlier. So we’ve decided to just proceed as scheduled — barring any drastic changes, either pain level, or if I start bleeding, or great nausea, etc.
That said, I have had a wave of nausea the past two afternoons, but it wasn’t too awful, and didn’t last overly long, and I chalk that up to morning sickness. Maybe I’ll be lucky and that’s as bad as it’ll get.
But, yeah. Nothing’s ever easy. I can’t just have a normal, happy pregnancy, with no cause for concern. I mean, I’d worry anyway, but I hate that I’ve been given another reason to worry for the next week and a half. 😦
Betas below the cut: